RULES OF REVIEWING, PROCESSING AND SENDING ARTICLES
1. General requirements to the papers
- Nauchnyj vestnik Moskovskoj konservatorii (Journal of Moscow Conservatory) accepts for publication papers never published before (which includes being published in electronic form) as well as reviews of scientific, music and bibliographical editions.
- The articles published in the journal cover all the fields of research concerning musicology.
- The quantity of symbols in the text of the paper is to be from 20 to 40 thousand of symbols including spaces and bibliographical references; the quantity of music examples and illustrations is not to exceed 10. Due to the specifics of the matter in the paper it is possible to exceed the required amount of one of the components (text, music examples, illustrations) at the expense of the rest components.
- The bibliographic list containing not less than 10 sources is to be attached to the paper.
- The authors are also to present the following information:
- Full name, residential address, e-mail (to be published), place of employment (full name and address), position, academic degree, academic title;
- Сapsule biography (up to 1000 symbols);
- Key words in Russian and in English;
- Summary (up to 300 words).
- The papers and the accompanying materials are accepted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). The file name is to consist of the author’s name (e. g. Ivanov.docx, Schultz.doc, Right.rtf).
- The text of the paper as well as the accompanying text materials are to be sent in one file. The music examples, illustrations, diagrams are to be sent in separate files (the name of each file consists of the author’s name and the number of the illustration, e. g. Ivanov_1.mus, Schultz _4.jpg).
2. Execution of the manuscripts
The text is to be typed using Microsoft Word (file formats .doc, .docx, .rtf). The font is Times New Roman (type size 12 or 14). The line spacing is single or one-and-a-half. The paragraph indention is 1.25 cm. The paragraph alignment is across the width without division of words.
- For text highlighting italics and interspace are to be used. Underlining and semibold type are not allowed. Using of spacebar is not allowed for interspace!
- For dash (—) one should use [Ctrl+Alt+minus] key combination; for ‘short dash’ being placed between numerals one should use [Ctrl+ minus] key combination.
- Footnotes containing annotations are to be paginal, numeration is to be through.
References to the sources are to be given in the text in the form of numerals enclosed in square parentheses which indicate the number of the source according to the bibliographic list given after the text of the paper. The editions in the bibliographic list are placed in alphabetical order. It is obligatory to indicate the publishing house as well as the total number of pages (for monographs), numbers of pages in collections and journals (for articles).
Music examples are to be sent in the form of separate file in .mus, .sib, .ly formats; illustrations are to be in .tiff, .jpg (300 dpi resolution), .pdf, .eps formats. Tables and diagrams are to be presented in the form of separate files in .doc, .docx, .xsl, .xsls formats.
The reference to an example/illustration in the text of the article is given in parentheses in separate paragraph:
In case that the presented paper is not to conform to the requirements, the editorial board retains the right of denying the publication without consideration by the reviewer.
3. The sequence of considering and publishing of the papers
3.1. The presented papers are delivered to the editorial board for preliminary consideration. The time for consideration is up to 30 days. The paper may be not accepted to publication before reviewing in case of considering the subject of the paper not corresponding with the specialization of the journal, having insufficient or exceeded size, disregarding the rules of executing papers, carelessness, incoherency in representation, a quantity of grammar mistakes.
3.2. Each preliminary selected (see 3.1) article is sent for review to experts of a corresponding profile, which are the acknowledged experts upon the topics of reviewed materials and have had their own publications during the last 3 years upon the topic of the peer-reviewed article. Reviews are stored by the publisher and by the Editorial Board within the next 5 years.
3.3. The reviewing is anonymous by two experts.
3.4. The reviewers give their conclusion on reasonability of publishing the paper — either in its current form or after the author’s refinement.
3.5. The time for reviewing is 60 days.
3.6. If the required improvements are considerable, the renovated version of the paper is sent to the same specialists for repeated reviewing.
3.7. The Editorial Board delivers to the authors of the presented materials the review copies or a reasoned refusal, and shall also deliver the review copies to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in case of receiving a proper request in writing.
3.8. After the positive conclusion the author makes a contract with the editor.
3.9. The papers are presented to the editorial staff on a non-repayable basis.
3.10. All papers published in the journal are placed in scientometric database RISC.
3.11. No payment is collected for publishing.