This paper contains a socio-psychological analysis of the first steps in e-learning during the COVID-19 virus pandemic in spring of 2020. An assessment of the prospects for the development of on-line music education from different perspectives is presented. Based on the author’s study and testing the recording and transmission devices the most convenient devices and software for musical e-classes have been chosen by the author. An overview of the basis equipment and methodology for working with them is made for the teacher as well as for the student from the standpoint of the music education needs and within the budget price segment. Recommendations on organizing solfeggio classes and other subjects of the musical-theoretical cycle are given, as well as some general tips on conducting classes in music performing disciplines.
1. Arl’t, Dzh. (2020). V ritme karantina. Chast’ 3. Onlayn-obuchenie [In the Rhythm of Quarantine. Part 3. Online-Training. Available at: http://www.classicalmusicnews.ru/ articles/con-quarantine-part-3/ (accessed 02.05.2020). (in Russian).
2. ________ (2020). «VKontakte» so shkoloy. Sotsial’nuyu set’ zadeystvuyut v sozdanii gosplatformy dlya tsifrovogo obucheniya. 23 aprelya 2020 [Vkontakte With the School. A Social Network is Involved in Creating a State Platform for Digital Learning. April 23, 2020]. Available at: http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4328391 (accessed 02.05.2020). (in Russian).
3. ________ (2020). Issledovanie Vyshki: 74% uchiteley, ne pol’zovavshikhsya onlaynresursami, teper’ ikh primenyayut [HSE Research: 74% of Teachers Who did not Use Online Resources Now Use Them]. Available at: http://www.hse.ru/news/ expertise/357830670.html (accessed 02.05.2020). (in Russian).
4. Karaseva, M. (2016). «Dopolnennaya real’nost’» v rabote pedagoga-muzykanta [Augmented Reality in Musician’s Pedagogical Activity]. Nauchnyy vestnik Moskovskoy konservatorii [Journal of Moscow Conservatory], No. 2/2016 (25), 140–83. (in Russian).
5. Karaseva, M., Uvarov, S. (2013). Muzykant i internet: o spetsifike vospriyatiya novykh tekhnologiy v professional’nom gumanitarnom obshchestve [Musician and the Internet: On the Specifics of Perception of New Technologies in a Professional Humanitarian Society]. In Kul’turno-politologicheskie aspekty amerikanistiki [Cultural and Political Aspects of American Studies], Proceedings of the International Conferences, edited by M. R. Kaul’, 308–18. Moscow, RSUH. (in Russian).
6. ________ (2020). Tsifrovaya gramotnost’ rossiyan: issledovanie 2020. 10 aprelya 2020 [Russian Digital Literacy: A 2020 Study. April 10, 2020]. Available at: http://nafi.ru/ analytics/tsifrovaya-gramotnost-rossiyan-issledovanie-2020/ (accessed 02.05.2020). (in Russian).
7. Brown, A. R. (2015). Music Technology and Education: Amplifying Musicality, 2nd ed. New York, Routledge.
8. ________ (2020). Handbook of Research on Online Discussion-Based Teaching Methods, edited by L. Wilton and C. Brett. Hershey, Pa., Information Science Reference.
9. Maconie, R. (2007). The Way of Music: Aural Training for the Internet Generation. Lanham, Md., Scarecrow Press. 10. Mozer, M. (2014). Social Network-Powered Education Opportunities. New York, Rosen Classroom.
11. ________ (2001). Music Online Competition Act of 2001. Available at: http://www. congress.gov/bill/107th-congress/house-bill/2724 (accessed 02.05.2020).
12. Palloff, R. M., Pratt, K., Weiss, R. E., Knowlton, D. S., and Speck, B. W. (2005). Teaching Online. La Jolla, Calif., National University; Hoboken, N. J., Wiley Custom Services.
13. ________ (2011). Pop-Culture Pedagogy in the Music Classroom: Teaching Tools From American Idol to YouTube, edited by N. Biamonte. Lanham, Md., Scarecrow Press.
14. ________ (1998). Psychology and the Internet: Intrapersonal, Interpersonal, and Transpersonal Implications, edited by J. Gackenbach. San Diego, Calif., Academic Press.
15. ________ (2020). E-Learning / Tools and Suggestions for HMEIS During the COVID-19 Emergency. Available at: http://www.aec-music.eu/tools-and-suggestions-for-hmeisduring-the-covid-19‑emergency/e-learning (accessed 02.05.2020).